How does it work?
- Click on the action icon
- Enter the name of file
- Select the file type from drop-down menu
- Click on the search icon
File types that our search tool supports:
- GPS eXchange Format (.gpx)
- Google Earth (.kml, .kmz)
- XML (.xml)
- Hancom Hanword (.hwp)
- HTML (.htm, .html, other file extensions)
- Adobe Flash (.swf)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Adobe PostScript (.ps)
- Autodesk Design Web Format (.dwf)
- Wireless Markup Language (.wml, .wap)
- Text (.txt, .text, other file extensions)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg)
- TeX/LaTeX (.tex)
- Music (.mp3)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
- OpenOffice presentation (.odp)
- OpenOffice spreadsheet (.ods)
- OpenOffice text (.odt)
- Basic source code (.bas)
- C/C++ source code (.c, .cc, .cpp, .cxx, .h, .hpp)
- C# source code (.cs)
- Java source code (.java)
- Perl source code (.pl)
- Python source code (.py)
File Search Tool
Supported Search Engines
After this extension has been added to your Chrome browser, your default search engine will be modified to our private search domain powered by Yahoo. In this extension, we support Yahoo, Google, and Bing. If you want to select a different search engine as your default, you can easily do so inside the Settings of this extension.
Do you have a question for us?
Frequently ask Question
Multimedia Search is a powerful search tool that support the search of over 20 file types. People who search for files all the time always spend a lot of time manually filter out the files they need from the long search result feed. With our tool, file search will be more efficient and on-target.
Yes, it's a free extension in the Chrome Web Store.
I'm sorry to hear that. Please shoot us an email at Contact page and let us know the file type you need. We will pass your feedback to our Product Team.
In order to support the search commands of files directly inside your browser's address bar, we need to use our private search domain as a placeholder. Inside the extension, you can go to the Settings and select a different search engine. We support Yahoo, Google, and Bing.